Why the Ark Encounter is not only an attraction, it’s also a cultural treasure
Ark Encounter in Park City, Utah, has a lot to offer.
It is home to a $2.4 billion attraction, a $1 billion museum, and more than 40,000 acres of open space, with the park attracting visitors from around the world.
Its attraction is also a rare sight in the country, with its only other known visitor in Europe is the former president of France.
But this week, the Ark of the Covenant attraction in Park Cities city was vandalised.
On Thursday, a small group of men smashed up the building and set it on fire, according to KSL-TV.
One man, later identified as James R. Wilson, 26, of Salt Lake City, was arrested on charges of arson and burglary.
Another man, identified as Aaron S. Thompson, 29, of Idaho, was charged with criminal mischief and aggravated vandalism.
“We’re still trying to piece together the story of why this happened, but we believe it was vandalism and arson,” said David Miller, president of the park.
He said the park was in a delicate position.
“The park is in a very fragile state.
It’s in the middle of a wildfire.
The fire could spread.
And if the fire does spread, it could affect all the parks in Utah,” he said.
Miller also said the vandalism was an isolated incident.
In the end, the arson charge was dropped, and Wilson was charged as an accomplice to the vandalism.
“We’ve done a thorough investigation of what happened and the evidence points to that,” Miller said.
“This is an isolated act and I don’t want to get ahead of the facts, but it’s certainly not something that we would have done in the past.”
“This was a small-scale, isolated act of vandalism,” he added.
However, Miller said that the park would remain closed until the investigation was complete.
According to the park’s website, the park is the largest in the United States, with about 30 million visitors a year.
(The park was officially opened on August 11, 1955, and is now home to more than 1,000 buildings, a number that has increased steadily over the years.)
The Ark Encounter has also attracted controversy.
During the 2015 construction of the site, some visitors were told they could only enter the building from one side, because the building had been demolished in the 1990s.
Earlier this year, Utah Governor Gary Herbert said the building was a national treasure, and he encouraged visitors to visit.
Utah Governor Herbert signed a bill into law last month that allows the state to spend up to $5 million on improvements to the site.
This week, Utah Parks and Recreation announced it had secured a $10 million loan from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to repair the damaged exterior of the building.
A group of visitors have been gathering in the park to take part in a scavenger hunt for items that were left behind by visitors.
They are expected to finish their hunt at midnight on Thursday.
Meanwhile, there have been reports of people looting the park and taking items, including some of the Ark, from the museum.